LHB has an exciting opportunity for a Front Desk/Administrative Assistant to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment in our Minneapolis office.
The ideal candidate should have excellent customer service skills to create a positive, professional first impression of LHB; enjoy juggling multiple tasks, working independently with a high-level of self direction, as well as cooperatively with the team, and the ability to ask the right questions, to problem solve on the spot, and to make sound decisions as these are an integral part of this position.
If you thrive in a fast-paced and creative environment, are forward-thinking, team-oriented and know how to respond calmly while performing multiple tasks, then this position is for you! The difference you make to a client could directly affect their experience with LHB.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reliable and Punctual
- Represent LHB at the front desk by receiving and welcoming guests with a friendly, positive approach
- Answer incoming calls and directing callers to the appropriate LHB representative in a professional and helpful manner
- Handle various administrative tasks, including: incoming and outgoing mail, print orders and pick-ups, office supply ordering, kitchen maintenance, travel arrangements, and additional tasks as assigned
- Assist with meetings, including: managing conference room calendars, assisting with meeting set-up, providing technology assistance, and arranging for any necessary lunches
- Assist with expense reporting
- Assist other LHB staff to complete projects
- Other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years related experience in a similar role
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional and courteous approach to client hospitality
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong inter-personal communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, specifically with Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work 7:45 AM – 5:00 PM
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Proficient in Adobe Acrobat and/or Bluebeam
- Knowledge in AIA Contract Documents, and/or Deltek Vision software
- Knowledge in expense reporting software Concur
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Familiarity with the engineering, architecture, and/or construction industry
- Ability to work with a variety of personalities and work styles
- Ability to be proactive, detail-oriented and organized
- Cover Letter
Closing Date: January 29, 2020
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled