LHB has an exciting opportunity for a career-minded Administrative Professional to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment in our Minneapolis Office!
The ideal administrative professional is process-minded, enjoys juggling multiple tasks, working with a high level of self-direction, as well as cooperatively with the team. Superior written and verbal communication is imperative, as you will be interacting with internal staff, clients, contractors and regulatory agencies. The ability to ask the right questions, problem solve on the spot, and make sound decisions are an integral part of this position.
If you thrive in a fast-paced and creative environment, are forward-thinking, and have the drive to learn more about our industry, then this position is for you!
- Prepare and distribute project deliverables (contracts, meeting minutes, reports, specifications, etc.)
- Request and track insurance certificates
- Maintain construction administration logs and manage documents (submittals, ASI, PR, Change Orders, Punch Lists, etc.)
- Assist with project closeout documentation
- Maintain overall project files and materials
- Proofread and edit documents for grammar, spelling, punctuation and format
- Ensure documents adhere to LHB Document Standards
- Support studio planning initiatives and related data entry
- Provide backup front desk support, as needed
- Serve as back-up to other administrative team members
- Must be able to work Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., and to work overtime, when needed
- AAS Degree, or 3 years’ previous administrative experience in an office/business setting
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, with advanced competency in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat and/or Bluebeam
- Excellent written communication skills, including editing and proofreading
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Familiarity with the engineering, architecture, and/or construction industry
- Knowledge in Newforma, Submittal Exchange, or Procore
- Knowledge in SpecLink, AIA Contract Documents, and/or Deltek Vision software is a plus
- Ability to work at a fast pace, handling multiple tasks efficiently and on time
- Ability to be proactive, detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to interpret quality assurance/quality control and apply to deliverables
- Ability to complete work independently with broadly defined work objectives and limited oversight using in professional judgment to assess priorities and adjust accordingly
- Cover Letter
- Two writing samples, upon request
Closing Date: December 16, 2019
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled