LHB has an exciting opportunity for an Architectural College Intern currently enrolled in a Bachelor or Master of Architecture program!
This position offers an opportunity to use your extraordinary design, graphics, and communication skills to contribute to interesting projects with a diverse group of clients including the education, government, commercial, and multi-family housing sectors. This internship has the opportunity for mentoring from professional architects as well as support through the AXP process. Full-time during summer 2019 with the potential for 8-10 hours a week during the 19-20 academic year.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Project team support in all design and construction phases under direct supervision
- Development of graphics for visual communication
- Working collaboratively with a team
- Pursuing an Architecture degree: 4th year Bachelor student looking to continue into a Master’s program and/ or currently enrolled in 1st year Master’s program
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Application materials demonstrate working knowledge of Revit, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Application materials demonstrate exceptional design skill and creativity
- Application materials demonstrate knowledge of sustainable design strategies
- Professional verbal communication and writing skills
- Work Samples
Position Closing Date: March 4, 2019
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: education, public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has architects, interior designers, landscape architects, civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, and land surveyors, LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled