LHB has an exciting opportunity for a Business Developer.
This position offers an opportunity to use your extraordinary communication, coordination, and strategic planning skills to contribute, to develop, maintain, and advance client relationships between LHB and Healthcare, Commercial, and Education markets. Travel is generally limited to Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, and North and South Dakota with occasional overnight stays.
The Business Developer will be part of the Integrative Design Team (IDT)—a group of architects, landscape architects, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, interior designers, and related professionals with a shared vision for our work:
We live our passion to create regenerative communities.
Using our research-based approach, we design holistic systems to enhance human and ecological wellness.
Our supportive studio-based culture fosters curiosity and embraces diversity to build lasting relationships.
We hope that applicants for this position will be interested in joining us as we pursue continued growth in the region.
- Network with clients and prospects in at conferences and other strategic events
- Develop and maintain relationships with new clients
- Collaborate with Studio Leaders to develop sales strategies and tactics.
- Guide strategic planning and business development efforts throughout Minnesota and adjacent states.
- Work with LHB’s marketing team to develop marketing materials and host marketing events.
- Assist in the development and presentation of proposals in response to sales opportunities.
- Work with Studio Leaders and Project Managers to identify and assist in assembling the proper project teams.
- Mentor others in the practice of Business Development.
- Reinforce the LHB brand and understand our strengths in our markets for full leverage in pursuit of new clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Architecture, Interior Design, construction or related field.
- 5 or more years experience in business development.
- Direct experience managing business development responsibilities.
- Involvement in professional organizations related to applicable market sectors.
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Proven ability to build and maintain a professional network.
- Passionate about networking on a local and regional level.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt and work effectively in a variety of situations
Closing Date: June 24, 2019
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. We specialize in: commercial, education, healthcare, government, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has architects, interior designers, civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, landscape architects, planners, and researchers. LHB provides design services related to community planning, buildings, sites, utilities, processes, and performance metrics. We create performance-based designs utilizing guidelines including B3, ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measure success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled