LHB has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Civil (EIT) Engineer-in-Training in our Duluth Office!
In this role, you will perform activities related to the design of transportation, municipal, and infrastructure projects including highways, local roads, utilities and site development. We are seeking an Engineer who shares our passion for high quality design, loyalty to clients, and a fast-paced work environment. You will interact with other LHB disciplines, clients, contractors, and regulatory agencies. Clear and concise written and verbal communication is imperative.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Project planning and design
- Preparation of project plans and specifications
- Interact with clients, public, and agencies as required
- Prepare written reports and project documents
- Construction administration and oversight of field inspection tasks
- Assist with project engineers/managers as directed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- EIT Required
- Application materials must demonstrate working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CAD
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Previous internship experience and/or 1 to 4 years of civil engineering experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation/GEOPAK
- Professional experience designing federal, state, county and city/state aid roadway design and municipal projects
- Experience preparing plans and specifications for bidding and construction administration
- Experience in roadway and transportation design (water & sewer), site design, general public works and civil infrastructure projects
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Has a passion and desire to bring forward new ideas to solve challenging problems, with an entrepreneurial spirit
Closing Date: August 26, 2019
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled