LHB has an opportunity for an Electrical Designer to join our Building Design Team in either our Duluth or Minneapolis, MN office!
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
• Lighting, facility system power, and HVAC power design
• Communications, Fire Alarm, Security, and Specialty Systems design
• Performing field verifications
• Drafting and modeling utilizing multiple softwares (Revit, CAD, AGI 32)
• Interacting with clients, public, and agencies as required
• Preparing written reports and project documents
• Ensuring LHB QA/QC processes are followed
• Associate of Applied Science and/or Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
• 1+ years’ experience in the building industry
• Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong drafting skills utilizing Revit
• Knowledge of Electrical codes, concepts and Design
• Knowledge of low voltage systems
Closing Date: July 1, 2019
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled