LHB has an opportunity for an Electrical Designer to join our Building Design Team in either our Duluth or Minneapolis, MN offices!
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Design lighting, power and technology systems for buildings
- Conduct facility existing condition studies
- Perform construction site contract administration tasks
- Collaborate and communicate with project design teams
- Learn and implement LHB QA/QC processes
- Completion of 2-year accredited electrical engineering/construction technology program, or equivalent
- December, 2019 grads will be considered for the position
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Prior relevant internship or employment experience
- Background in electrical construction
- Demonstrated knowledge/ familiarity in Revit and/or BIM software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of electrical codes, concepts and design
- Familiarity with technology design
Closing Date: October 2, 2019
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled