LHB has an opportunity for Engineering Technician in our Duluth, MN office!
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Produce and organize detailed technical drawings and plans
- Work in a team environment with engineers and other technicians
- Work with engineers and other technicians to perform field assessments on existing structures and assist with field inspection on construction projects
- Accurately field measure existing conditions to detail replacement or supplemental components
- Ensure construction projects are completed in accordance with Construction Contract Documents
- Maintain project records, log daily construction activities, document quantities and prepare monthly estimates
- Associates Degree in Drafting, Civil Technology or relate field
- 1-3 years of prior relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
- Willing and able to travel to job sites within 150-mile radius of Duluth
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Previous experience developing structural plans and detail drawings
- Previous inspection or field work experience preferred but not required
- MSHA or MNDOT certifications preferred but not required
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative group
- Strong communication skills; able to be concise and communicate effectively
- Ability to coordinate with multiple internal and external disciplines
Closing Date: January 29, 2020
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. We specialize in: commercial, education, healthcare, government, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has architects, interior designers, civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, landscape architects, planners, and researchers. LHB provides design services related to community planning, buildings, sites, utilities, processes, and performance metrics. We create performance-based designs utilizing guidelines including B3, ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measure success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled