Natural Resources Engineering Company (NREC) who has recently joined LHB has an exciting opportunity for a Senior GIS Analyst to join our team!
This position will support our work with industrial clients in the utility and transportation industries. There are excellent opportunities for travel in the U.S. and abroad.
The ideal candidate will enjoy challenging internal research and development and possess superior communication skills to work internally with staff and externally with clients and regulators, have an entrepreneurial motivation, and a drive to succeed.
- Use GIS as a tool to support various engineering projects and scientific studies
- Manage and maintain various ESRI products
- Development of viewers, map making, coding, relational databases, downloading and converting field collected data for use in GIS, and fieldwork
- Data gathering and testing activities in the field
- Bachelor or Masters Degree in GIS or Computer Science
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (including Access)
- Some travel required (10%)
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Four years of prior relevant experience
- GIS experience
- ESRI ARCMap
- arcGIS online experience
- Ability to code in python or C++
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD – Civil 3D
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed
- Quickly and effectively shifts gears to meet changing business requirements
- Strong Organizational skills, ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments successfully
- Strong attention to detail
Closing Date: November 4, 2019
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled