LHB is currently looking to hire a Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT) in our Duluth, Minnesota. The ideal candidate would enjoy traveling throughout the Midwest and enjoy working outdoors in both construction and forest settings. To be successful in this role, strong communication is important. You will be interacting with LHB staff, clients, contractors, government officials and general public. Being concise and clear is imperative, both written and orally.
- Conducts land surveys, under the supervision of a licensed professional land surveyor, to determine land boundaries and land boundary corners.
- Assists with the design and field work for geodetic survey networks.
- Researches land survey records and compute survey closures.
- Conducts preliminary evaluation of contract survey work and assist in control surveys
- Operates surveying equipment.
- Researches records and compiles survey data.
- Reads and interprets complex maps, construction drawings; recommend and implement improved work procedures.
- Prepares neat and accurate notes, sketches, field maps and reports.
- Integrates field data and records into completed maps, plats, drawings and records.
- Prepares and reviews maps, drawings, sketches, plats and simple reports from field notes and makes recommendations.
- Trains other crew members on the latest technology in surveying equipment and finds new and innovative ways of doing surveys.
- Builds and maintains solid client relationships with good communication skills while interacting on job sites
- Works in all weather conditions, near high-volume traffic, stand or walk for long periods
- Can carry up to 50 pounds of surveying equipment over rough and steep terrain.
- Exercises sound independent judgment within general policy guidelines and perform other related work as assigned.
- Certification as a Land Surveyor-In-Training (LSIT) or ability to pass LSIT within 12 months
- Knowledge of modern survey methods and survey devices, such as total stations, Global Positioning System (GPS), and data collectors.
- Ability to travel throughout the region
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
- Experience with Trimble equipment
- ArcGIS and CAD software experience
- Introductory knowledge of the United States Public Land Survey System (USPLSS).
- Knowledge of drafting and mapping methods and practices
- Introductory field data processing skills
- Introductory knowledge of legal aspects of boundary surveying, including laws, statutes, and ordinances.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Closing Date: July 29, 2019
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: education, public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, and commercial design.
LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients. LHB has architects, interior designers, landscape architects, civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, and land surveyors, LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled