LHB has an exciting opportunity for a high-level Marketing Director to join our team! As a growing firm, we aspire through our long-term vision to double in size, expand geographically, and be leaders in emerging technology over the next ten years. A person taking on this role would be an integral team member as we work to fulfill those goals, beginning by developing a new brand and replacing our website, which is over ten years old.
This is the first time we have hired a Marketing Director in our company’s history, and we are excited by the potential for a person in this position to shape our future. We are looking for someone that has a strong passion in what they do, and someone that will proudly help represent LHB’s Core Values and Core Focus areas:
- Healthy Relationships: Caring/Humble, Empathy, Honest/Trust, Personable
- Technical Excellence: Highest Quality, Craftsmanship, Creative, Design
- Dedicated: Family, Each Other, Work, Community
- Listen First: Know our Client, Call out Issues, Question the Status Quo, Be Change Agent, Be Flexible
- Purpose: Serving our Clients with High Quality and Innovative Design
- Our Niche: Comprehensive and Adaptive Design Services
This position plays an important leadership role within the firm and will be responsible for strategic marketing leadership and professional management of marketing support staff, processes, and activities. A strong leader in this role will enhance LHB’s firm-wide marketing and sales success while also advancing LHB’s brand, mission, vision, culture, and core values.
Collaborate on Marketing & Sales Strategy
- Collaborate with LHB Leadership on the development of branding and establishment of LHB’s identity to our clients
- Provide leadership and guidance to marketing team for core content – proposal strategy, communication channels, and general outreach
- Guide sales and proposal processes in order to provide customized creative solutions that connect LHB’s capabilities to our client’s needs
- Works with a variety of leaders and business partners inside LHB to create successful marketing and sales programs
- Develop tools/programs that demonstrate an appreciation of client need and how LHB fulfills it
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses and provide data-driven guidance to the Company
- Reports to C-Suite (CEO, COO, or COA) and provides regular updates and firmwide marketing status reports to the firm leadership team
- Creates, establishes, and manages a yearly budget for the marketing team
Manage and Support Marketing Team
- Lead the marketing team to serve and enhance internal client objectives
- Supervise and manage a team of marketing professionals focused on proposal development, public relations, and analysis
- Ensure Customer Relationships Marketing (CRM) database is built, functional, and continually updated
- Coach, develop and enhance the performance skills of team members toward meeting LHB’s short and long-term objectives
- Provide mentoring support that fosters creative output, educational opportunities to enhance and maintain technical knowledge, and the ability of the marketing team to grow its capabilities
- Consciously create a work team framework that aligns with LHB’s overall values
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Architecture, Engineering, or related field preferred
- 10 years of direct experience in marketing, public relations, and/or communications; AEC industry experience is preferred
- Demonstrated experience leading and overseeing marketing and communication teams and activities
- Experience leading and influencing teams including marketing and communications, and other internal groups
- Demonstrated strategic planning success including experience developing, maintaining, and delivering on marketing plans to meet company objectives
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written or Strong executive-level communications skills
- Exceptional relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders or Effectiveness with project and stakeholder management
- Working knowledge and/or experience in Deltek Vision, OpenAsset and Creative Cloud Suite
Closing Date: July 12, 2020
LHB is a 265-person firm that originated in the Duluth, Minnesota area in 1966, and now have several office locations located in Wisconsin and Minnesota. We are recognized leaders in sustainable and regenerative design, serving a wide variety of markets including commercial, education, healthcare, government, housing, industrial, pipeline, and public works design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has architects, interior designers, civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, landscape architects, planners, and researchers. LHB provides design services related to community planning, buildings, sites, utilities, processes, and performance metrics. We create performance-based designs utilizing guidelines including B3, ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measure success with Performance Metrics™.
We have also been recognized as a top place to work by the Star Tribune, and most recently recognized by Engineering News-Record (ENR) as a 2020 Top 500 Design Firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled