LHB has an exciting internship opportunity for a Mechanical Engineering student to work in our Duluth or Minneapolis, MN offices!
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
As a Mechanical Engineering intern with LHB, you will have customized, hands-on training through direct project experience and related additional duties. In this internship you will be working with plumbing, fire protection and HVAC design and drafting, as well as assisting with field verifications. In this position you will also interact with several LHB disciplines, clients and contractors in a fast-paced, team oriented environment.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited college
- Preference given to applicants that have completed course work in HVAC and/or Mechanical Building Design
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Junior or Senior year students
- Demonstrated knowledge/familiarity of Revit
- Enrolled in and/or completed Mechanical Systems Design Class
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Closing Date: March 4, 2019
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled