LHB offers a full spectrum of sustainable design, engineering, and consulting services. Our passionate team of architects, landscape architects, engineers, and building specialists lead in the research, design, and evaluation of high-performance environments. As part of LHB’s Integrative Design Team, our Research Studio leads a range of projects that inform policy, programs, and design practice to improve the built environment’s impact on natural resources and greenhouse gas emissions. The LHB Research Studio also supports our project teams in using a research-based approach to enhance human and ecological wellness. Learn more here: http://www.lhbcorp.com/what-we-do/performance/
Our team has an exciting opening for an individual with a strong interest in tracking and communicating performance data as well as making and testing hypotheses. This internship, located in our Minneapolis North Loop office, offers an opportunity to use your excellent research, quantitative analysis, problem solving, and communication skills to support interesting projects with a diverse group of clients. The position offers part-time hours (8-10/week) during the school year with the possibility of full-time hours (40/week) over academic breaks.
Work with LHB’s Research Studio on research projects to improve the built environment. Tasks may include:
- Conducting research on building design-related topics
- Literature reviews
- Data collection
- Quantitative analysis
- Visual communications of data and results
- Pursing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a design field (architecture, engineering, interior design, or related design field)
- Demonstrated research experience
- Previous coursework and/or internship focused on sustainability
- Strong writing skills
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Ability to effectively communicate concepts through visual representation
- Passion for sustainability, resiliency, wellness
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Curiosity for learning and innovation
- Ability to collaborate with a team
- Self-motivated individual who goes above and beyond to add value to projects
- Cover letter or Writing Sample
Position Closing Date: January 10, 2019
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled