LHB has an opportunity for a Senior Bridge Engineer to work in our Minneapolis Office! The ideal candidate for this position will have ten or more years of experience in the Bridge Design and Engineering field and will be joining a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This person will interact with other LHB disciplines, clients, and contractors. Strong technical and project management skills combined with clear and concise written and verbal communication skills are important for this position. Flexibility to assist other groups as workloads fluctuate and periodic field work are required.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Project planning and design for a wide variety of bridge types including concrete slab span, prestressed concrete girder, steel girder, steel truss and concrete box culverts
- Responding to client RFP’s and preparing project proposals to secure new work
- Supervise staff
- Preparation of project plans and specifications
- Perform field assessment of existing bridges
- Construction administration and oversight of field inspection tasks
- Interact with clients, public, and agencies as required
- Prepare written reports and project documents
- Ensure LHB QA/QC processes are followed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 10 years of professional experience designing bridges and related public works related structures on the federal, state, county or municipal roadway system.
- Application materials must demonstrate working knowledge of the AASHTO Bridge design code and Mn/DOT or other State DOT Design Guidelines.
- Application material must demonstrate at least 10 years’ experience preparing plans and specifications and/ or construction administration of related projects
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Ability to draft and design utilizing AutoCAD and/or MicroStation
- Strong project management background and demonstrated ability to supervise others.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Position Closing Date: November 25, 2019
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled