LHB has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Civil Engineer in our Minneapolis office!
This position will enhance client relationships and ensure that projects are delivered on-time to meet or exceed customer expectations. Our civil engineers focus on a diverse array of site development projects including commercial, education, parks and recreation, multi-family housing, and transportation, working closely with the Landscape Architecture and Planning Studio at LHB. The right candidate must have internal drive to deliver results, along with the ability to find and maintain strong relationships.
Our work environment is fast-paced and participatory. The ideal candidate must have the motivation to advance Civil Engineering throughout the company.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Civil infrastructure and site engineering including site layout and circulation for parking lots, access drives and pedestrian paths, grading,, utility, storm water management systems, and erosion and sediment control design.
- Conduct code research, write specifications, and obtain permitting.
- Provide direction to the Civil Engineering team to ensure projects are being completed in timely and in conformance with standards.
- Lead the process of responding to requests for proposals for professional engineering services from clients.
- Effectively lead public meetings and be a communication resource for public interactions.
- Lead and participate in interviews and proposal presentations as part of a team.
- Identify and develop potential clients and projects.
- Maintain relationships with existing clients.
- Provide direction to ensure effective management of the construction administrative process of typical design projects.
- Understand the sustainable design aspects of materials, designs, and technologies.
- Make suggestions to clients and offer guidance to the Civil Engineering Team on how to incorporate sustainable design into projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college
- 5-10 years of Civil Engineering experience
- Professional Engineer licensure
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Ability to evaluate, plan, direct, manage, communicate, engage and oversee projects with varying degrees of complexity.
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, and Microsoft office is required. Experience with MicroStation/GEOPAK and HydroCAD are a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Progressive work experience directing and leading civil engineering projects within MN for 8 or more years.
- Progressive experience overseeing engineering team members.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain client base.
Closing Date: November 25, 2019
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We are experts in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled