LHB is currently seeking a Senior Structural Building Engineer to assist our Structures Team in our Duluth or Minneapolis, MN offices. The ideal candidate for this position will have seven or more years of experience in a professional environment and will be joining a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This person will interact with other LHB disciplines, clients, and contractors. Strong technical skills combined with clear and concise written and verbal communication skills are important for this position. Flexibility to assist other groups as workloads dictate and periodic field work are required.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent project management and communication skills along with an established record of time management.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Active participant in a team structured project delivery approach working with Architects, Structural, Electrical and Mechanical Engineers.
- Apply intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices, and function in a lead engineering role for segments of projects including preparation of required design plans, specifications, and reports
- Maintain high satisfaction rating from clients through superior service, quality workmanship, timely production and a thorough understanding of client requirements
- Provide on-site engineering support, including regular project site visits
- Provide day-to-day guidance, support and mentoring to enable development of subordinates
- Monitor project budgets, prepare workload forecasts and perform scheduling for assigned staff
- Maintain existing client relations and pursue and develop new project opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural / Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 7 years of experience in structural design, analysis, inspections, specification writing, construction observation, and project management in the building structural design field
- Working knowledge in applicable structural design codes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minnesota licensed PE or eligibility to obtain within 6 months
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas
- SE License
- Experience using Revit
- Design experience includes steel, concrete, post-tensioned concrete, timber, and masonry structures as well as specialized analysis and inspections
- Experience with blast design and structural design for military facilities
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities
Closing Date: April 29, 2019
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled