LHB is looking for a highly motivated Structural Engineer to join our team in our Duluth or Minneapolis, MN offices!
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Provide structural engineering design & drafting/modeling for a variety of projects
- Assist with project engineers/managers as directed
- Work closely with clients to meet & exceed their objectives
- Assist in project coordination with architects, contractors, engineers & building departments
- Construction administration and oversight of field inspection tasks
- Assist with construction administration support, including field observations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Structural or Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- 0-3 years of prior relevant experience
- Previous internship experience
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas
- Passed Engineering Principles FE exam
- Demonstrated working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat and structural analysis software such as RISA and/ or STAAD
- Experience using AutoCAD or Revit
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and problem solving skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Must be willing to travel intermittently
- Ability to climb ladders, enter confined spaces, and work outside in all weather conditions
Position Closing Date: April 29, 2019
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, bridges and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled