LHB has a great opportunity for a Crew Chief to join our Survey Team. The ideal candidate would enjoy traveling throughout the Midwest and enjoy working outdoors in both construction and forest settings. This person will perform field layouts for all assigned sites and review client and government records. Additionally, the Crew Chief may need to plan, and schedule survey teams work to meet client project needs and deadlines. To be successful in this role, strong communication is important. You will be interacting with LHB staff, clients, contractors, government officials and general public. Being concise and clear is imperative, both written and orally.
We are looking for someone with a strong passion in what they do, who will proudly help represent LHB’s Core Values and Core Focus areas:
- Healthy Relationships: Caring/Humble, Empathy, Honest/Trust, Personable
- Technical Excellence: Highest Quality, Craftsmanship, Creative, Design
- Dedicated: Family, Each Other, Work, Community
- Listen First: Know our Client, Call Out Issues, Question the Status Quo, Be Change Agent, Be Flexible
- Purpose: Serving our Clients with High Quality and Innovative Design
- Our Niche: Comprehensive and Adaptive Design Services
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Performs utility locates & 4-way sweeps
- Perform calculations required for construction, boundary and topographic surveys
- Train and evaluate team members performance in the field
- Assist with ensuring that surveys are in compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Prepare field notes, reports and necessary project related correspondence
- Build and maintain solid client relationships with good communication skills while interacting on job sites
- Work in all weather conditions, near high-volume traffic, stand or walk for long periods
- Carry up to 50 pounds of surveying equipment over rough and steep terrain
- Exercise sound independent judgment within general policy guidelines and perform other related work as assigned
- 1 year of previous experience working as a survey tech and/or crew chief
- Previous experience with 4-way sweep process
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be willing to travel
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- A revoked, suspended, or canceled driver’s license within the last five (5) years or three (3) serious traffic violations within the last three (3) years may disqualify a candidate.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- AA and/or Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of Total Station and GPS
- Experience using Trimble equipment
- Experience with ArcGIS and CAD software
- Ability to evaluate, plan, direct, manage, communicate, engage and oversee projects with varying degree of complexity.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
Closing Date: January 25, 2021
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm dedicated to supporting communities, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. We provide community planning, and design solutions for systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled