LHB has an exciting opportunity for a Transportation Engineer in our Duluth, MN office!
This position will enhance client relationships and ensure that projects are delivered on-time to meet or exceed customer expectations. Our transportation engineers focus on a diverse array of infrastructure projects, working closely with cities, counties, and state government. The right candidate must have internal drive to deliver results, along with the ability to find and maintain strong relationships.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Assist in responding to requests for proposals and qualifications for professional engineering services from clients.
- Develop and prepare final plans, specifications, and engineer’s estimates for highway planning and design for municipal, County and MnDOT projects.
- Provide engineering analysis and reports
- Work with, direct and assist project staff including other engineers and technicians including mentoring of junior staff.
- Administer projects in construction including bidding, construction oversight and inspection, change order negotiation, and coordination meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited college
- 5-10 years of civil engineering experience, with experience overseeing transportation/highway projects
- Professional Engineer licensure
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Ability to evaluate, plan, direct, manage, communicate, engage and oversee projects with varying degree of complexity.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Progressive work experience directing and leading transportation engineering projects within MN for 7 or more years.
- Demonstrated experience designing for Municipal, County and MnDOT Trunk Highway roadway construction projects.
- Experience working with MnDOT design and plan standards
Closing Date: November 25, 2019
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings. We create performance-based design; utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled