Essentia Wellness Center (EWC)
Project Type: Wellness Center
Client: City of Hermantown
LHB is working with a number of stakeholder groups that have come together to create the Essentia Wellness Center (EWC) to serve communities in southern St. Louis County, MN. The project involves identifying possible sites, creating design concepts, facilitating public meetings to build support, identify, and prioritize project needs, build consensus among stakeholders, and assisting with lobbying and education efforts for funding.
The Essentia Wellness Center includes an aquatics center, YMCA gym facilities, community meeting and event spaces, as well as an infant – pre-k daycare, and physical therapy clinic. LHB is providing construction administration services, meeting regularly with the clients and contractor, observing the construction site and maintaining a positive project outcome through product and detail reviews.
LHB design services include:
- Right sizing the program areas based on historic data and best practices
- Creating efficient site and building layouts
- Incorporating simple passive sustainability measures to curb operating costs
- Making sound and logical selections for civil, structural, mechanical, electrical, and AV engineering systems that allow for flexibility in the future
- Creating cost estimates throughout the design process – starting with programming
- Developing a beautiful facility in an economically conservative manner
- Incorporating passive sustainability measures to curb operating costs, and adhering to B3 sustainability requirements
- Providing construction administration services, coordination reviews, and site observations, through project completion