Lincoln Center for the Arts Conditions Assessment
Project Type: Historic Conditions Assessment, Duluth, MN
Client: Duluth Art Institute
The Duluth Art Institute (DAI) retained LHB to provide a conditions assessment and recommendations for the historic Lincoln Center for Arts Education located at 2229 West 2nd Street in Duluth, Minnesota.
The building has been in use nearly continuously since its construction in 1917. The DAI is leading an effort to improve and repair the building systems.
The project objectives were to:
- Identify defects and deficiencies in the building and its component systems including mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (or other) systems
- Provide a maintenance schedule, prioritizing the repair and maintenance of the building and its component systems
- Provide a schedule of estimated repair costs for the above repair and maintenance items
- Provide a schedule forecasting capital improvements
- Provide a replacement reserve analysis for future planning of capital items