Minnehaha Creek Watershed District Comprehensive Master Plan
Project Type: Comprehensive Planning
Client: Minnehaha Creek Watershed District
LHB assisted in the development of a multi-jurisdictional comprehensive plan to preserve and restore natural systems in the Minnehaha Creek Watershed District, and to increase partnerships to enhance the social and economic vitality of the communities. The plan includes an implementation framework that integrates the District’s natural resource focused capital improvement plan and programs with other public and private investments across areas of land-use, development, infrastructure, and parks, trails, and open space.
LHB’s role was to coordinate the document design and delivery in order to create a legible and compelling plan for use with the public and key decision makers.
The professionals at LHB worked closely with District staff and engineering support to:
- Convert technical geospatial databases of public and private plans into compelling maps
- Graphically synthesize multi-jurisdictional plans, priorities and opportunities for partnership
- Develop regional master plan graphics for the whole watershed
- Synthesize data and processes into infographics, tables, and other tools for graphic understanding
- Organize narratives, graphics, and maps into three independent but interrelated volumes
- Assemble component parts and produce a final implementation plan