Ridgewater College Technical Instruction & Student Services Addition and Remodel
Project Type: Addition and Remodel, Willmar, MN
Client: Ridgewater College
LHB assisted Ridgewater College in designing the two phase project based on the pre-design we completed in 2006. Significant funding changes occurred after the completion of the predesign document which led to significant scope and sequencing review during the early stages of Schematic Design. Numerous meetings were held with College administration, faculty and staff as well as representatives of MnSCU to develop a revised program that was in line with both the Capital Bonding Request and the College’s needs, while improving the campus’ space utilization.
Phase I accomplished the following:
- Demolition of 15,200 sq ft of outdated instructional and office buildings.
- Remodeling or renewal of 6,800 sq ft of technical instruction labs.
- Construction of 10,750 sq ft of new space for technical instruction labs, general classrooms, and Customized Training offices.
- Replace outdated HVAC systems to improve indoor air quality.
Phase II accomplished the following:
- Demolition of 8,500 sq ft of poorly constructed office space.
- Remodel or renewal of approximately 70,000 sq ft of food service functions, student services, administrative offices, technical instruction labs, and general classrooms.
- A small entry addition on the primary Student Services Building, with a canopy addition on the administrative building.
- Site modifications to reconfigure the primary visitor parking lot and improve landscaping and pedestrian circulation in the central campus area.