LHB is a 250-person architecture, engineering, and planning firm known for our design leadership, dedication to supporting communities and improving the quality of life for their clients.
LHB has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Architect to join our Healthcare studio to design high quality acute and clinical healthcare facilities.
We are seeking someone who enjoys technical challenges and is looking for an opportunity to be involved in all aspects of project design from initial concept through completion. This position offers an opportunity to use your extraordinary communication, coordination, and design skills to contribute to develop, maintain, and advance the client relationships between LHB and our Healthcare clients.
We have been recognized as one of the Top 150 Workplaces and recently received the 2021 Top Workplaces USA award! We are the only A-E firm in Minnesota to receive the national recognition by Energage. We attribute our national and local attention as a desirable workplace to the core values we continue to operate by: Healthy Relationships; Technical Excellence; Dedicated; Listen First.
The primary responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Leading project design teams, including consultants
- Managing scope, budget, and schedule, for multiple projects simultaneously
- Facilitating Client interaction, including leading User Group Meetings
- Developing conceptual, schematic, design development and construction documents
- Execute applicable code analysis for project scope. Coordinate requirements with team and authorities having jurisdiction
- Specification writing (SpecLink experience preferred)
- Perform construction administration Duties (e.g., Leading OAC meetings, shop drawing review, RFI’s, ASI’s, etc.
- Professional degree in Architecture from an accredited institution
- Licensed to practice Architecture in the state of Minnesota or capable of licensure in Minnesota
- 5+ years Acute and Clinical Healthcare project experience
- Demonstrated experience with healthcare related codes and guidelines
- Technical expertise in construction detailing and coordinating medical imaging and equipment installations
- Strong Revit experience
- Effective communication skills (graphically, verbally and in written form) in a courteous and respectful way with internal and external clients.
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting deadline and working collaboratively with project team members.
- Construction administration experience
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite experience
- Enscape experience
- Strong Bluebeam Revu experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience with specification writing
- Work samples
Closing Date: August 2, 2021
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm dedicated to supporting communities sand our clients. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible and improving the quality of life for our clients and communities we live in.
LHB has transportation, civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. We provide design solutions for systems, sites, utilities, and buildings.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled