LHB is a 250-person engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership, dedication to supporting communities and improving the quality of life for their clients.
LHB has an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join our Transportation Group in our Duluth or Minneapolis locations!
We are seeking someone that has a strong dedication and passion for Transportation Engineering, as you will play an integral role in leading design development on a variety of different project types. You will work with a dedicated, collaborative, and experienced team to deliver successful projects for our clients.
We have been recognized as one of the Top 150 Workplaces and recently received the 2021 Top Workplaces USA award! We are the only A-E firm in Minnesota to receive the national recognition by Energage. We attribute our national and local attention as a desirable workplace to the core values we continue to operate by: Healthy Relationships; Technical Excellence; Dedicated; Listen First.
The responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Project planning and design for transportation related projects including state highways, county roadways, city streets, pedestrian, and bicycle systems.
- Preparation of project plans, specifications, and engineer’s estimates of cost.
- Design oversight of plan preparation.
- Effective interaction and engagement with clients and project stakeholders.
- Preparation of calculations, written reports, and project documents.
- Manage project budgets and schedules.
- Work effectively in a team setting with project managers, engineers, and technicians.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Certified Engineer-In-Training (EIT).
- 3 years’ of professional transportation design experience for state, county, and city projects in Minnesota
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in Minnesota.
- 5 years’ of experience designing transportation projects (MnDOT project design experience desired).
- Familiarity with MnDOT Roadway Design Manual and applicable MnDOT Design Standards.
- Working experience with both Microstation and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Construction observation / administration experience.
- Desire to grow into a project management role.
- Desire to mentor junior staff members and serve in a lead design role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Closing Date: July 1, 2021
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm dedicated to supporting communities sand our clients. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible and improving the quality of life for our clients and communities we live in.
LHB has transportation, civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. We provide design solutions for systems, sites, utilities, and buildings.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled