LHB has an opportunity for an Entry-Level Mechanical Engineer to join our Pipeline/Industrial Team in our Duluth or Minneapolis, Minnesota offices!
We are looking for someone with a strong passion in what they do, who will proudly help represent LHB’s Core Values and Core Focus areas:
- Healthy Relationships: Caring/Humble, Empathy, Honest/Trust, Personable
- Technical Excellence: Highest Quality, Craftsmanship, Creative, Design
- Dedicated: Family, Each Other, Work, Community
- Listen First: Know our Client, Call Out Issues, Question the Status Quo, Be Change Agent, Be Flexible
- Purpose: Serving our Clients with High Quality and Innovative Design
- Our Niche: Comprehensive and Adaptive Design Services
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Providing mechanical engineering design & drafting/modeling for a variety of Piping Systems Design projects.
- Assist with project engineers/managers as directed
- Work closely with clients to meet & exceed their objectives.
- Performing field verifications, Identifying & organizing acquired field data
- Ensuring LHB QA/QC processes are followed
- Design calculations & equipment selection
- Professional growth into a licensed engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- May,2021 grads with the ability to work part-time hours (25+ hour) will be considered
- 0-4 years of previous employment in consulting design
- Successful completion of FE exam
- Demonstrated working knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and analysis software such as Ceasar II and/ or AFT Fathom
- Experience using AutoCAD or Revit
- Possess excellent communication, interpersonal, time management and problem-solving skills
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- Must be willing to travel intermittently
- Familiarity with hazardous liquid, gas, process and power piping systems
Closing Date: February 1, 2021
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm dedicated to supporting communities, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. We provide community planning, and design solutions for systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled