LHB is currently seeking a Structural Technician to work in our Duluth, Minnesota office!
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Engineering plan production for various types of projects including bridges, buildings and other structures using structural steel, reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete, and masonry.
- Develop project plans and designs using Revit and or AutoCAD.
- Perform quantity calculations and reinforcing bar detailing work.
- Work in a team environment with engineers and other technicians.
- Perform field assessments and verification measurement on existing buildings and other structures.
- Assist project inspectors with daily inspection and administrative tasks on construction projects.
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology
- Application materials must demonstrate at least 1 (one) year of working experience utilizing Revit
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment on-boarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas
- 1+ years of experience working as a Structural Technician
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative group
- Strong communication skills; able to be concise and communicate effectively
- Ability to coordinate with multiple internal and external disciplines
Closing Date: October 5, 2020
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm known for our design leadership and loyalty to clients. LHB goes beyond good intentions and focuses on measurable performance. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. LHB provides community planning, and designs systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, bridges, and buildings. We create performance-based design, utilizing high performance guidelines including ENERGYSTAR and LEED, and measuring success with Performance Metrics™.
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Veterans/ Disabled