LHB has a great opportunity for a Crew Chief to join our Survey Team locally out of our Duluth, MN office location. This individual will perform field and office tasks for a variety project and is expected to review client and government records in performing their work. Additionally, the Crew Chief may need to plan and schedule survey teams work to meet client project needs and deadlines. To be successful in this role, strong communication is important. You will be interacting with LHB staff, clients, contractors, government officials and the general public. Being concise and clear is imperative, both written and orally.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Perform field surveys & calculations required for construction, boundary and topographic surveys
- Train and evaluate team members performance in the field
- Assist with ensuring that surveys are in compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Prepare field notes, reports and necessary project related correspondence
- Build and maintain solid client relationships
- Carry up to 50 pounds of surveying equipment over rough and steep terrain
- Exercise sound independent judgment within general policy guidelines and perform other related work as assigned
- 1 year of previous experience working as a survey tech and/or crew chief
- Previous experience with construction, boundary and topographic surveys
- Experience with CAD software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- A revoked, suspended, or canceled driver’s license within the last five (5) years or three (3) serious traffic violations within the last three (3) years may disqualify a candidate.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- AA and/or Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated knowledge of Total Station and GPS
- Experience using Trimble equipment
- Ability to evaluate, plan, direct, manage, communicate, engage and oversee projects with varying degree of complexity.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
Closing Date: April 22, 2021
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. We provide community planning, and design solutions for systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings.
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm dedicated to supporting communities, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled