LHB has a great opportunity for a Survey Field Technician to join our Survey Team locally out of our Cambridge, MN office location. This individual will perform field and office tasks for all assigned sites and review client and government records.
The responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Perform field surveys & calculations required for construction, boundary and topographic surveys
- Assist with ensuring that surveys are in compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations
- Prepare field notes, reports and necessary project related correspondence
- Build and maintain solid client relationships
- Carry up to 50 pounds of surveying equipment over rough and steep terrain
- Exercise sound independent judgment within general policy guidelines and perform other related work as assigned
- Work in all weather conditions, near high-volume traffic, stand or walk for long periods
- 1 year of previous experience working as a survey field technician and/or strong interest or desire to start survey field
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Upon receipt of an offer of employment, applicants must be able to successfully complete pre-employment onboarding requirements that will include a criminal/civil background check and drug screen, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
- Position requires permanent location in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, or Michigan
- A revoked, suspended, or canceled driver’s license within the last five (5) years or three (3) serious traffic violations within the last three (3) years may disqualify a candidate.
LHB does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Total Station and GPS
- Experience using Trimble equipment
- Experience with CAD software
- Ability to evaluate, plan, direct, manage, communicate, engage and oversee projects with varying degree of complexity.
- Strong communication and leadership skills
Closing Date: October 18, 2021
LHB is a multi-disciplinary engineering, architecture, and planning firm dedicated to supporting communities, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients. We specialize in: public works, pipeline, industrial, housing, healthcare, government, education, and commercial design. LHB is dedicated to being environmentally responsible, reducing long term operating costs, and improving the quality of life for our clients.
LHB has civil, electrical, mechanical, and structural engineers, land surveyors, architects, interior designers, and landscape architects. We provide community planning, and design solutions for systems, performance programs, sites, utilities, and buildings.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled