Ross and Hawkes Halls Renovation
Project Type: Renovation and Student Housing; Superior, WI
Client: University of Wisconsin, Superior
LHB worked with the University of Wisconsin, Superior and Workshop Architects to renovate Ross and Hawkes Halls, two residence halls of nearly identical design, constructed in 1967 and totaling 61,000 sq. ft. This renovation provides housing options that boast additional privacy and amenities for 440 students.
LHB’s services for the University included:
- Development of program statement, project schedule, cost estimates, phasing options.
- Creation of conceptual design options for enhancement of the halls including traditional student rooms, suite-style living and common areas.
- Preparation of a Facilities Assessment Report, Code Analysis, and Building Systems Narrative.
- Site analysis including development of adjacent parking and campus connector projects.
- Review of and recommendations for achieving UWS Sustainable Facilities Standards.